Monday 3 September 2012

The Dark Knight Rises: Institution and Audience

  Recently I went to see Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises with my Batman enthusiast friend who made me watch the first two films the night before. I was weary at first as I don't often like DC films, I much prefer Marvel, however after watching the previous Batman films I was impressed at their high standards so was enthusiastic about the new release.
One of the reasons I actually went to see the film was the cast, which included some of my favourite actors - Burn Gorman, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine. Another factor that encouraged me to go was the trailer of the film; it is fast paced, intriguing and thought provoking - leaving me excited for what would happen in the movie without giving anything away.
After seeing the blockbuster I was impressed. It was much better than I expected. I love action movies and so enjoyed all the fighting scenes, as well as the tension that built up around the detonation of the nuclear bomb. I also like films that could happen in real life and was engrossed by the realism surrounding the average people, and their desperation to survive.
Overall I am very glad i saw The Dark Knight Rises and enjoyed every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment